Q & A
1. Do you work on location or in a studio?
I work on location for your convenience at your wedding venue, but I also have a studio located in Bozeman, Montana where I do all of my pre consultation work. This is where we will meet for your trial and create your dream wedding look!
2. Will you do a trial run before my wedding?
Yes! A trial run will give us the opportunity to meet, and for us to practice the hair and makeup you have in mind for your wedding day. This trial allows us to make any changes, try different ideas, and play around with all of your inspiration! This session is encouraged but not required.
3. What kind of makeup do you use?
I work with a variety of makeup products, from a mix of different brands. I am constantly trying out new products on the market to see what will work best for my brides and their needs. Some of the brands I use include Tarte, Anastasia, Urban Decay, Graftobian, Estee Lauder and Morphe.
4. Do you want to see photos of hair and makeup that I like? What about photos of my wedding dress, venue, and other inspiration?
Yes! I love to see photos of your design inspiration, mood boards, wedding colors, and hair and makeup photos that you like. These photos will help get us on the same page, and we can work towards the style you are wanting to achieve. Feel free to add me on Pinterest and make a board of all things hair and makeup to bring to your trial!
5. If I change my mind about the trial and want to try something different, is there a re-trial fee?
If you didn't feel like the first trial was what you wanted, or you changed your mind about the style you want, no problem! I am happy to discuss any changes you want to make so your wedding look is just the way you want. There is a re-trial fee; inquire for details.
6. Should I bring my veil and accessories and extensions? What if I don't have them yet?
If you have your veil and hair accessories, feel free to bring them so we can build them into your wedding hairstyle. If you are using hair extensions, please bring those as well. If you don't have your hair accessories yet, don't sweat it! We will still be able to achieve the look you are going for even if I haven't seen your veil ahead of time.
7. What if I want to find a hairpiece and/or extensions, but don't know where to start?
Feel lost? Don't worry girl, I got you! I offer a variety of hair pieces in my shop that you are welcome to try on at your trial and see if any of them fit with your vision. I will also send all my brides a guide to help you find bespoke wedding accessories in addition to guidance on where to find the right hair extensions for you.
8. What if I just want my makeup done, not hair, or vice versa? Do you offer that? I have worked very hard on my brand image, and my passion is to marry the hair and makeup together in a cohesive look. Because of this, I only offer the services together as a package.
9. What kind of prep do I need to do before the trail? Before the wedding?
Before the trial, just come with your face clean and free of any makeup, and your hair clean and dry.
On the wedding day,
Work Station: Please have tables and chairs ready with adequate lighting to perform the makeup services. Outfit: Wear a buttoned down shirt or anything you don't have to pull over your head.
Hair: Wash your hair the night before or the morning of the wedding. Your hair must be completely dry at your scheduled styling time. You are welcome to bring photos of your inspiration/Pinterest boards. Have your accessories ready with all tags taken off.
Face: Should be cleansed with a daily skincare system, and exfoliate if possible. We would be happy to accommodate special requests such as tattoo covering or back make up for a small fee.
10. What if I have allergies/sensitivities to certain products?
If you have an allergy or sensitivity to makeup/hair products that you are aware of, you must let me know before we meet so I can makeup necessary arrangements. If you have a concern about using my makeup/hair products, you are welcome to bring your own for me to use on you.
11. Are there any extra day-of charges I should know about?
Any parking fees or any other site fee that I come in contact with will be billed to the client. If for any reason I have to wait for the bridal party or I am waiting to perform services for any other reason, I charge by the hour to do so.
12. How far in advance should I book you?
I don't book on a first come, first serve basis. I want to make sure our styles align and that I can provide the kind of look you're hoping for. If you've been wanting to reach out, feel free to shoot me an email and I can give you quotes on pricing and travel. I'd love to connect with you and see if we would be the perfect fit!
13. Do you only book one wedding per day or do you have multiple weddings each day?
I only book one wedding per day unless I'm only doing the bride in the studio. Otherwise, if you book me for your date, I'm the one showing up and you're the only wedding I have that day.
14. Is there a deposit required to reserve my wedding date?
There is a non-refundable reservation fee as well as a contract required to secure your date as my client. Without these two things, your date is not secured. This reservation fee usually covers the travel expenses and goes toward your final payment. After I receive this payment and contract, you are secured as my client.
15. Can you accommodate large groups?
I can accommodate parties of any size! If you have a larger party, I will bring multiple associates with me to ensure your wedding day goes smoothly. If you have a question or concern, please reach out to me.
16. Do you bring anything with you to setup at my venue?
Yes! I will bring all of my hair/makeup equipment with me when I come onsite. I also bring a ring light so I will have good light to perform makeup services, as well as a chair/table to use as needed.
17. Are lashes included in each makeup service or is it an add on/do I need to bring my own?
False lashes are included in each service but they are optional. I always recommend them because they bring out your eyes in photos! But if they aren't your style, that's 100% okay with me.
18. About how long does it take for each service?
While each client has special needs and each service time will vary, I usually allow 45 minutes for each bridesmaid service (45 min for hair, 45 min for makeup) and two hours for the bride.
19. Why is a trial important?
A trial is preparation for your wedding day. I want you to look and feel comfortable with your look before the big day. This is your chance to experience the look you desire for your day, give me any feedback you have. and make any changes you feel you need to beforehand. That way your wedding morning is stress free and you already know how you are going to look.
20. When is the best time to schedule a trial session?
The best time for a trial is 1-2 months before the big day. That way the style you chose is still fresh in your mind, and you usually have all of your wedding accessories by then so we can practice with them.
21. I'm traveling from out of state and can't meet for a trial. Is that a problem?
Nope! That is not a deal breaker for me. Many of my clients travel in to Montana to get married, and sometimes logistically, it doesn't work for us to meet beforehand. I will have you send me photos of your inspiration and dress ahead of time so we are all on the same page. I also allow for extra time on the wedding day, where we can make any adjustments to your look as needed.
22. What form of payments do you accept?
I accept cash and credit card only; no checks. I also will collect the deposit via Square, which is super simple and all done online. Easy!